May 31, 2012

Spring Teas at Majesteas!


I had a great Saturday afternoon last week at Majesteas. Nothing beats sleeping in, small lunch and then a few hours of stories and tea.
     I was very glad that the turn out was intimate, more focus on the tea.
     The set of teas Robert brought back was to die for, especially the Purple Puerh. That which I need to go back for as I did not grab it last weekend.


    I did end up purchasing a set of the springs teas (no Puerh) and I am very glad I have it.
  The teas we had (hopefully in order) were : Jing Ping (Red Tea), Yin Jun Mei (Red Tea), Dragonwell, Bi Lo Chun and Silver Needle. In the set they also included Spring Mist which I got to try earlier this year. I took it to Tea Sommelier class in a glass tumbler, used 60-70 degree water, and it was excellent even after a street car ride to George Brown College. I am very pleased with it as it was not bitter at all when I sat down to enjoy it.

 
  This coming Saturday is when I booked to have a tasting at Tao Tea Leaf with two friends. I will try to post a follow up a few days after to that I can gather my thoughts and drink what I end up with. Both shops are part of The Tea Guild of Canada.  Please support your local shops!
 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tea Journey - Living beyond your cup | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig