January 11, 2017

Simple self care ideas for after a busy day

Keeping up with what is around us bogs us down so much over time. We get up, rush to eat (or not at all) and then commute to work, have all sorts of things happen throughout our day, come home and then. BAM. We find ourselves exhausted and unable to push to do this vs for ourselves. At least we believe it to be so, I know I do very often. 

Grab some great idea for your self care (or me time) no matter how busy your day is. Enjoy this list of simple self care ideas and treat yourself to some zen.

I work in the evenings, so my mornings range from getting a things done for Tea Journey to going out with my Mom (when else would I find the time?). Head to work to workout then help other clients and then clean and head home. Tired, hungry and I just want to lay down. Once bedtime rolls around I wonder where all that time went and wish I could have done more. But there is no real need. Do we need to binge watch a new show or play pokemon in bed (please tell me its not just me that does this)? We can use these moments while home to slow down and do a few things to make ourselves feel refreshed and more in tune with ourselves.

Self care, is not a bad thing. Yet it feels like we unconsciously feel we never have time for ourselves. Here are a few things you can do to get some self care in and be more able to handle the world around us.

Face mask

Sheet masks are everyone's friend (yes guys too). In the packet is a sheet with cut outs for your eyes, nose and mouth. All you have to do is place it on your face and let it work. With all the assortments out there you will find one for you. Plus if you want it to stay on while doing a task (dishes, laundry….) Then there is this great gizmo that will keep it on while you get things done. 

Another alternative is a cream face mask. I love my mask from lush (Mask of Magnaminty), winter is so harsh to our skin, this one moisturizes and cleanses. When you wash it off after about 10-15 minutes, your skin feels great and overall you will feel refreshed.

Yogic breathing

Practicing for just even a minute will help your mind feel clearer. It is my go to tool throughout the day (especially after 100+ crunches). It will help relax your muscles and can even be done in bed to help you get to sleep. To do this one breath in to fill your belly and then finally your lungs. Hold for a few seconds then, slowly breath out. Do this a few times to get used to it and it will be your secret tool throughout the day.

Moisturizing Creams

While I love the changing of seasons, dry skin sucks. Recently I picked up a lovely cream (Karma Kream) from lush that smells just divine. It's a light scent so no worries. Every night I put it on, not always everywhere but I do what I can. When able I massage my feet which really helps prime the body for sleep. There are so many acupuncture points on them that it makes sense why it just feels good.

Bath after a shower

While I am not able to do this often ( 4 people, one house and one bathroom) it is such a luxury to just soak in the tub. A few drops of essential oils and epson salt or a bath bomb , totally like a spa. To get the most out of this one turn off the light and light a candle or don't and read a juicy book with a cup of tea.

Glass of wine or a cup of tea

Nothing is better than either of these. I love taking the time to put together everything on a small tray (sometimes even a snack) and lounge on my bed with a book (or audio book). No work just something for me. Or at dinner (menu pending) I will even take the time to pair it with either tea or wine. It makes something I have to do into an experience which is less regimented.

There is always time for ourselves in our day, we just have to let it happen. Take time for yourself and give yourself some love that it deserves.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tea Journey - Living beyond your cup | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig